Tuesday, June 17, 2008

a slip off is not really a slip off

i totally sucked at the diet department today.

but i will not focus on that. instead, i will focus on the fact that i did really good on the exercise department. i rode my bike for 30 minutes and exercised for another 30 minutes in the morning, then i did the walk (leslie sansome) video for 75 minutes. all in all that is good, if you ask me.

i really need to work on portion control. i eat healthy, mostly vegetables, fruits and fish, but i can eat for ten people. anyway, today was not that bad compared to the days when i didn't care. it's just that i ate more than i intended to.

another breakthrough today? i completely sucked it up and exercised in front of my in laws! that is a first, and believe me, that is BIG! i used to use it as an excuse not to excercise when they can see me because it embarassed me and it placed my already floored self esteem lower. but today, i told them i was gonna do it, and my MIL actually did the exercise with me. the best part of the whole thing? i didn't care what they thought or said, i was just determined to do it, whether they were watching or not.

i hope i can keep it that way so i can do it regularly. i want to walk outside rather than exercise inside the house but the heat is just too much to bear.

i can do this! i can!

No comments: